Pages

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

BURNNNNN!

For Ego, I have to do some effects which involve smoke simulation, so I started to play around with the pyroFX system in Houdini. Here is the result of that. This is the very basic smoke cloud that I created using the system. I have rendered it using the Mantra PBR renderer and the micro-polygon renderer. The result is more or less similar, but PBR took ~3 minutes and and the micropoly took roughly 20 minutes.

Smoke cloud rendered using PBR renderer

Smoke cloud rendered using the micro-polygon renderer
The smoke here is just using basic default values. I would be revisiting it in a couple of days where I will start tweaking it to control it's temperature, fuel, wind etc. Also, I will be attaching it to direct-able particles at some point to simulate debris system.

No comments:

Post a Comment